On 29 October 2014 ILC UK organized a half day symposium which showcased international research by ILC Global Alliance members on frailty and mobility in old age.
Speakers at the event included:
- Rosy Pereyra – ILC-Dominican Republic: Sarcopenia: A forgotten cause of mobility problems in old age
- Susana Concordo Harding – ILC-Singapore: Are we living longer and healthier? Exploring gender differences in health expectancy among older Singaporeans
- Sebastiana Kalula – ILC-South Africa: Prevalence and risks factors for falls, and the impact on mobility in later life: The Cape Town study
- Didier Halimi – ILC-France: MOBILAGE: how to maintain frail people mobility? An ongoing experiment at Broca Hospital in Paris.
- Kunio Mizuta – ILC-Japan: Long-term care prevention in Japan: To maintain older people’s mobility
- Lia Daichman – ILC-Argentina: Loss of mobility, loss of Autonomy, loss of quality of life
- Iva Holmerová – ILC-Czech Republic: Local and national initiatives to support active ageing and improve quality of long-term care in the Czech Republic.
Click here for the presentations.